Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Diseases of Chinchillas

Traci Skene wanted me to briefly discuss Chinchillas with diseases.
Chinchillas are cute and cuddly animals from the Andes mountains. Many people even have them as pets. They do need special attention because these creatures are prone to many diseases and allergic reactions.
I discovered this problem, all to painfully. As I laid in bed one night with my pet chinchilla, Gladys Knight. I didn't name her that. That's what the note said in the basket when she was left on my doorstep in the middle of the night.
Gladys and I did everything together. She slept next to me every night and cuddled right under my chin. I would call her my neck comforter. So fluffy.
One night she started kicking me in the throat. It was really annoying. I looked up the symptons on webmd. I found out my chinchilla had restless leg syndrome.
Well, that's all I needed. So I killed her. It was very humane. I fed her to an owl. Just kept the food chain moving. I can't have her kicking me all night.

No comments: