Saturday, August 16, 2008

Farewell to the king who died on his throne!

Today marks the 31 year anniversary of Elvis Presley's death. Comedian Mike Eagan once said of Elvis, "He never heard the plop." Well, that's because he died on the toilet. What does this teach us? He's human after all.
Isn't it ironic to have someone who was and still worshipped by so many die in the most humbling of positions?
Either way, when you die it all comes out anyway. He could have been one of the few who was able to empty everything out in the toilet at the time of death. Makes it a bit easier, doesn't it.
I'm an Elvis fan. My favorite Elvis is the 70s Elvis. That's when it got over-the-top. Plus, I related better. He started gaining weight. Even though he only ever wrote one or two songs, the man could sing and knew how to put on a show. I appreciate over-the-top.
Well, here are some videos to pay tribute to the king.

My favorite Karaoke song! It's fun to work up a sweat to this.


Eddie Murphy - Delirious


The Wonder of You


This one is Elvis really screwing up the words. It's a great tribute and just six weeks before his death.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Groucho Marx died one day later, and he left behind a legacy that has affected our society and daily life in ways that Elvis never could.

Jason said...

Damian, I am a huge Marx Brothers fan. I just find the fact that Elvis died on the toilet a little more interesting than Groucho's death.
I can't promise anything, but if it will make you feel better, I will try to do an obituary every day for everyone who died.