Thursday, August 28, 2008

MONSTERMANIA!





Sorry that my blog was in syndication for so long. I was having techinical difficulties. I'm back, fellow people.
If you weren't at Monstermania in Cherry Hill, then last weekend, then you missed it. How profound was that last sentence?
There were all kinds of horror celebrities, beautiful women in sexy whory costumes, a whole lot of freaks, alcohol, crazy things for sale, and what did I do for the majority of the convention? I realized how much fun it was to drop plastic shower caps out of my hotel window. They puff up like jellyfish and it's so much fun to watch them fly.
There was a Lost Boys reunion and an Elm Street reunion. It looked like the Lost Boys won; as there was always some fan at a Lost Boys table, the Elm Street people were a little awkward to walk by. They sat and stared as they seemed desperate to sell their stuff and greet the fans. Robert Englund did great. Heather Langenkamp had some steady lines. The Elm Street 3 through 5 tables were making acting seem very unappealing.
Jake Busey was there and very friendly and easy to talk to. For those Starship Trooper fans, I did witness him, with ninja-like speed, crush a fly on his Starship Trooper picture. He looked up and exclaimed, "Death to bugs!" Good Lord! I'm such a nerd!
Jeffrey Combs of Reanimator fame was a really nice and humble guy. I didn't recognize him, not crazy.
Lin Shaye, Kingpin & Something About Mary, is also the sweetest woman in the world. It was refreshing to see her look like a normal human being. Not to say I would do anything with her, I'm just saying she looked good.
Jason Mewes was making his second appearance at Monstermania. He had some of the best quotes of Monstermania. After saying he has a problem with his vagina, he said, "My fingers smell like 19 year old vagina. You know when it still smells a little like piss."
The one-hit wonder from the 80s who sung the theme to the Lost Boys(Cry Little Sister)did an acoustic performance in the ballroom to a crowd that might have been bigger than the democratic convention.
It was the saddest scene, really. I couldn't take it. People were going nuts for him. You know what? Good for him, really. At least it was a gig.
Brooke Mcarter, the blonde mulleted vampire from the Lost Boys, was probably the coolest guy there. Really friendly and a nice guy. I have nothing else to say about him.
Now let's get to the Corey's. I didn't get to see or meet Corey Feldman and his wife, but I heard they were great and very down to earth.
Now Corey Haim, that's a whole other blog. I'll just say, that it's ashame. He used to come off as this loveable young kid from the 80s.
Oh! How could I forget John Kassir? He's the voice of the Crypt Keeper and apparently an old stand-up comedian who even worked Rascals back in the day.
I was one of the few who were witness to a glimpse at a private stand-up show in one of the suite parties Saturday night. While everyone held up their camera phones to smile and record this throw back to early Robin Williams impressions with no jokes attached, I couldn't help but think how much comedy has changed over the years.
Oh well, See you at the next one.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Jason and jason, cute photo. He rubs nipples so good

Traci Skene said...

You need to get a job in the Monster movie business or the Monster Mania business or something that involves monsters and the actors who play them. You just always seem to happy around these folks.